Dryer Vent Cleaning Service in Omaha, Lincoln, Des Moines & Nearby
Prevent a clogged vent with safe & effective dryer vent cleaning
A dryer vent is a pipe that's attached to your dryer. The vent carries the hot air that accumulates during the drying process out of the machine. Lint builds up over time, which can lead to a clogged dryer vent. A clogged vent can lead to a dryer fire, damage your dryer, and increase your energy bill.
Cleaning your dryer vent at least once a year can prevent clogging. Duct Defense Midwest offers safe and effective dryer vent cleaning service in Omaha, Lincoln, Des Moines and surrounding areas in NE & IA. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and estimate!
How to tell if your dryer vent needs cleaning
If you can't remember the last time your dryer vent was cleaned or you notice any of the following symptoms, it may be time to call a professional dryer vent cleaning contractor in the Greater Omaha Area for help.
Signs and symptoms of a clogged dryer vent:
- Clothing feels damp or too hot: Does your laundry still feel damp when you pull it out of the dryer? Or does your clothing feel hotter than normal? These are signs of an issue with the heating element, which may be caused by a clogged vent.
- Laundry takes too long to dry: If you have to run multiple cycles for the same load of laundry or if it's consistently taking longer than a regular 45-minute drying cycle, it's likely time to have the dryer vent cleaned.
- Condensation: If there's condensation in the dryer drum after the dryer runs, this is usually caused by poor ventilation or a clogged vent. Moisture builds up in the dryer's exhaust duct and seeps back into the dryer instead of being exhausted outside.
- Musty odors: When clothing isn't fully dried and the damp clothing is left inside the dryer, this can lead to a musty odor on both the clothing and inside of the dryer drum. Condensation in the dryer can also contribute to an unpleasant smell.
- Excessive lint accumulation: When lint builds up inside the dryer duct and blocks the vent, this often leads to an accumulation of lint outside of the vent and the trap.
- Outside of the dryer feels hotter than usual: A dryer cabinet or controls that are very hot to the touch are signs that it may be time to clean your vent.
- Increased energy bills: If you've been running your dryer more often because your laundry is taking longer than usual to dry, this may contribute to a higher energy bill.
How often should you clean your dryer vent?
The National Fire Protection Association recommends that homeowners in the Greater Omaha Area and anywhere in the U.S. should clean their dryer vents at least once a year. If you have a large household or you use your dryer more often than what's typical, then you may need to clean out your dryer vent more often.
Lint is flammable, which means there's a chance for a fire to start if there's excessive lint in the dryer vent. That's one of the main reasons it's essential to have the dryer vent checked and cleaned so you can be sure there is no lint buildup anywhere in the dryer duct system. If you don't want to do it yourself, contact an experienced dryer vent cleaning company like Duct Defense Midwest for help.
Does your dryer vent need to be professionally cleaned?
You may be thinking about cleaning your dryer vent yourself instead of hiring a professional. While you may be able to save money by doing the job yourself, special care should be taken to avoid causing damage to the dryer vent system. It's also critical that lint is removed from the entire length of the vent. Proper cleaning can be difficult without the right equipment. The best way to ensure that your dryer vents are maintained properly is to allow a professional dryer duct cleaning company to do the work for you.
What You Can Expect from Duct Defense Midwest
Cleaning your dryer vent doesn't involve a lot of steps, but it's important that it's done correctly. During your appointment, one of our dryer vent cleaning technicians will come out and inspect your entire dryer duct system. If there's excessive lint buildup, they will clean it thoroughly and ensure that everything is working as it should be after the cleaning is done. Our Greater Omaha Area team has experience removing lint and debris from all types of dryer vent systems. Contact us today to schedule your cleaning service.
Don't Ignore Your Dryer Vent - Schedule Your Cleaning Today
Ignoring your dryer vent can cost you additional time and money down the road. Over time, your dryer vent can become blocked due to lint buildup. If your dryer is not moving air properly, then it will take longer for your clothes to dry, which can damage the components in your system over time. A dryer vent can also lead to a fire if you don't maintain it properly. That's why the National Fire Protection Association recommends having your dryer vents cleaned every year.
If you're noticing any of these signs, or you know it's time to clean your dryer vent, contact Duct Defense Midwest today to schedule your free inspection and estimate in Lincoln, Omaha, Des Moines or nearby.
Wondering if you should clean your air ducts? Learn more about our air duct cleaning service for homes in the Greater Omaha Area.