Why Hire a Professional Duct Cleaner in the Greater Omaha Area?
Choosing the Best Option for Cleaning Your Air Ducts
A professional air duct cleaner has the equipment and products to ensure a deep cleaning.
If you’ve decided that it’s time to clean your air ducts, you might be asking yourself if you can clean your air ducts yourself. When it comes to cleaning your air ducts, you have three options. You can either try to clean them yourself, hire a Greater Omaha Area air duct cleaner like Duct Defense Midwest, or ignore them. It’s worth evaluating the risks and benefits of each of these options. It’s critical to know that you won’t get as thorough or deep of a clean if you choose to clean your air ducts yourself.
Want to hire a professional to clean your air ducts? Contact us to schedule your duct inspection and free cleaning estimate today.
Dangers of Not Cleaning Your Ducts
- Contamination: One of the greatest dangers of not getting your ducts cleaned is that there will be bacteria and contaminants growing inside, which can lead to issues including pneumonia, asthma attacks, respiratory infections, bronchitis, and even severe illness.
- Clogged Ducts: When your air ducts become filled with dust, debris, and contaminants, it'll take more energy for your HVAC system to properly heat and cool your home. Dirty ducts can also cause damage to your HVAC equipment.
Problems with Cleaning Your Air Ducts Yourself
If you've decided to try to clean your air ducts by yourself, you'll need specific cleaning tools to complete the task. This includes:
- Equipment: Cleaning air ducts requires a high-powered vacuum cleaner and other specialized tools and equipment to safely and effectively remove dirt and other debris from the ducts.
- Safety Hazards: Cleaning your air ducts puts you at risk of inhaling dust or mold particles. Because of this, it’s essential to make sure that you are adequately protected with gloves, safety glasses, and a face mask.
- Risks: Using the wrong equipment or method to clean your ducts and vents can damage your heating and cooling system and negate any potential benefits. A regular vacuum cleaner won’t do a good enough job removing dust and particles from your ducts. It’s important to note that cleaning your air ducts should involve cleaning all components of your heating and cooling system.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Air Duct Cleaner in Omaha
The problem with cleaning air ducts yourself is that you won't be able to do as thorough or deep of a cleaning as a professional cleaner would. This means that you're more likely to miss some particles and dust, increasing your risk of having dirty air ducts after the process is completed.
If you want to get the job done right, it's essential to turn to a professional duct cleaner. It's not only the most effective way of getting dirt and other particles out of your ducts but can also make sure that you don't have any problems in the future with contaminants entering your home again because your vents are not clean enough.
How to Choose a Duct Cleaning Company in NE & IA
It's essential to do some research when you are looking for an air duct cleaning contractor in Greater Omaha Area. Here are a few ways to ensure you choose the right company.
- Check for NADCA certification: The most crucial factor when choosing a duct cleaning contractor is that they're in good standing with NADCA and have a certification. This means that they have been properly trained and meet the industry standards of cleaning. They will use the proper equipment to clean your HVAC system and go over precisely what is included with their services. Companies that are not NADCA certified may not be trained and prepared to do your cleaning correctly, which could result in damages to your home, not to mention a poor cleaning job.
- Check for insurance: It's also essential that air duct cleaners have insurance to cover any accidents that may happen during the air duct cleaning process.
- Ask for references: Ask for references from previous customers and call them to ask about their experience with the company. If they are reputable, most likely they will have nothing but positive things to say about them.
- Get everything in writing: You should receive a written estimate before signing any agreement with an air duct cleaning contractor. This way, you know that both of you are on the same page, and there won't be any surprises later on after work has already begun.
Contact Us for Expert Air Duct Cleaning Service Today
If you want your ducts cleaned the right way, it's best to contact a professional. When you choose Duct Defense Midwest, you can be confident you’re getting the best air duct cleaning service, performed by professionals who are NADCA certified. We help Greater Omaha Area homeowners every day clear the air in their homes. Schedule a free estimate with our air duct cleaning experts to assist you in Omaha, Lincoln, Des Moines or the surrounding area.